:: Re: [DNG] Devuan AMI
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan AMI
On Thu, 23 May 2019 12:15:06 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Bruce Ferrell (bferrell@???):
>
> > I could be wrong, but based on the context of his question:
> >
> > AMI = Amazon Machine Image
>
> I know Josef, and, yes, that's exactly what he meant. Amazon EC2 and
> all that.
>
> (Asterisk Management Interface, really? {snort})

On the other hand, before we make little in-groups based on knowledge
of ambiguous acronyms, consider what I do. If I introduce any acronym
that isn't public knowledge to every Linux user (DHCP, NIS, NFS), on
first use in the email I associate the spelled out version with the
acronym. 5 seconds more typing, and everything's clear. Of course I
*do* lose that "knowledgeable expert" status I could have gained by
whipping out an unknown acronym. Personally, and this is just me: I go
for clarity every time.

The WAD needs serious consideration as to value.

What, you don't know what a WAD is? Man, do I have to explain
*everything*? See page 4 of
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/ninja_presentation.pdf .

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2019 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive