:: Re: [Libbitcoin] FW: How use libbit…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: Oleg Gavrilchenko
CC: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] FW: How use libbitcoin for get mempool information?
It’s rational for a miner to not validate other miners’ blocks, relying instead on production cost to limit invalidity. But mining on an not-validated candidate block of your own is not a reasonable proposition. Anyone could make you mine on an invalid block of your own creation at zero cost.

This is why it’s not unreasonable to rely on production cost for other miners’ blocks. Other miners are presumed to not be creating invalid blocks because they would lose the reward of producing them. In that case, to cause you to lose they would have to lose similarly themselves.