:: Re: [Bricolabs] Where we at?
Author: Bruno Vianna
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Where we at?
It took me a while to catch up on the Brico reads, but it has been great to
learn what everybody is up to. I actually just realized me and Felipe
applied to the same PhD in Scotland! I ended up landing a position in
Helsinki, though. I also realized that I know basically the Brazilians of
the network, and only a few in the rest of the world.I hope I have the
chance to meet more bricos now that I'm based in Europe.

The last years have been seriously bumpy. I was running Nuvem, and art and
technology rural space in the countryside between Rio de Janeiro and Sao
Paulo, which started in 2011. But after the coup in 2016 it became
increasingly more difficult to secure funds for art, specially experimental
and DIT actions like we proposed. So I had to give up the house in the
beginning of 2017. On top of that, my first son arrived that same year, and
then 2018 was chaos: the economy plummeted, my partner lost her job and
Brazil got an actual fascist elected. So I think, maybe this is a good time
to finally get that PhD.... I finished shooting a project at the end of the
year and she got a job in Barcelona, where we are based for now. And at
some point we will move to Finland where I'll study AI applied to creative
imagery for a couple of years.

I'll miss Tropixel this year, but I hope to meet you all (and Felipe)
around the old continent.

Abraços
Bruno