:: Re: [DNG] Firefox Quantum 60.6.2esr…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox Quantum 60.6.2esr freezes XFCE on ASCII
On 5/18/19 10:03 AM, Edward Bartolo via Dng wrote:
> Firefox ESR is freezing XFCE on ASCII. Getting to Ctrl+Alt+F1 takes
> many seconds and logging in a terminal also takes very long. I am
> reluctantly posting this from within Chromium.

Run top to see if cpu or ram are maxxed out.

Do you have many tabs open? They can suck up ram.
Are pages running a lot of javascript? That can suck up cpu. (Anecdotal: a
friend fixed an overheating problem by installing noscript.)

My computer starts to get like that when I get to around 1.5 - 1.6GB used
out of 2GB total. If I go past 1.7 I'm screwed.

HTH
fsmithred