:: Re: [DNG] New application ready to …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] New application ready to test: hopman
Le 23/04/2019 à 13:22, Edward Bartolo via Dng a écrit :
> Making it a Debian package should be easy. Use dh_make to create a
> 'debian' subdirectory with the necessary Debian control files. Then,
> when that is ready build the debian packages using 'gbp buildpackage'.
> Both commands should be run in the source's top directory.

    Thanks Edward.

    ' gbp buildpackage'  fails because hopman-1.0 isnot a git
directory. The git directory is actually one level higher in my case.

    I need a method not relying on git.

    Here is what I tried before. dh_make works fine, no problem with it.

    Then I tried dpkg-buildpackage but it failed (I don'tremember for
sure why, maybe because of the absence of a gpg signature).

    Then I tried 'debuild -us -uc' and it did produce a .deb file with
the amd64 extension in the name, which is what I expected, but, when I
installed the package with 'dpkg -i', it installed a few files which are
present in all debian packages, but none of the usefull files this
package should provide (executable, manpage, config file, icon and
launcher).

    The matter is rather complicated and I only tried recipes :~)

        Didier