:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Ascii on EC…
Author: Alexey Zilber
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Ascii on EC2
Just wanted to give an update.

I've been able to get Devin Ascii working using the snapshot method using
the default install kernel. I don't know why import image doesn't work.
But using the same exact drive image, import snapshot works great and
creates a working AMI, but image import fails.

At this point I'm struggling with cloud-init, and have realized what kind
of a giant dumpster fire it is.

Once I get it to properly import the ssh key and configure the root user
I'll build a vanilla image and set it public, along with my Packer config
so people can have reproducible builds across different clouds. I think
this is sorely needed for legitimate enterprise workloads.

Once that's done it's trivial to spin up an instance using packer and
whatever provisioner floats people's boat....

-Alex