:: Re: [DNG] MATE 1.22
Author: John Morris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] MATE 1.22
On Mon, 2019-04-15 at 22:37 +0000, Antonio Volpicelli via Dng wrote:
> Hi devuaners,
>
> the version of MATE desktop 1.22 is available on hezeh (remember is
> experimental)

Not having any luck. I finally bit the bullet and went up from Jessie
to ASCII. On Jessie I rebuilt the three packages mentioned somewhere
in a wiki with the trivial patches (mate-session-manager, mate-power-
manager and mate-applets) and everything was wonderful. Updated and of
course no power management again. Tried the one in backports figuring
at least that should work by now. Nope. Googled and found your mate
repo. Tried it straight and no joy. Have even tried mixing and
matching a bit. So far, nope. Running slim for a desktop manager,
have upower running and consolekit. Currently have zero backport mate
packages and as many of yours as made sense (didn't really want all of
the MATE oddities). Any idea where to start looking?

Power management itself still works, running pm-suspend as root puts
the laptop to sleep.