:: Re: [DNG] How to deploy an init.d s…
Author: Steffen Dettmer
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to deploy an init.d script to Devuan 2.0 (ASCII)
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 8:53 AM Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 11/04/2019 à 11:29, Steffen Dettmer via Dng a écrit :
> > On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM Steffen Dettmer
> > <steffen.dettmer@???> wrote:
> > > using a proprietary package manager, which unfortunately
> > > does not support executing scripts (such as postinstall).
> > > [...]
>
> First write the dependencies in the form of comments at the top of your
> script. You can look how it is done in other init scripts as an
> inspiration. Then "install" your script using the command update-rc.d;
> it should create the symbolic links and take care of everything else
> necessary, if there is.

Unfortunately a proprietary package is used, which unfortunately
does not support executing scripts, so I have to pack the result.

I saw that the update-rc.d worked (I used update-rc.d
ccucvm_startup_script defaults with strace in my first mail), but
did not know what it does additionally to set the S?? links,
which by default seem to are not used in favor of the hidden files.

(I though Devuan would using classic "SysV init")

Steffen