:: Re: [DNG] How to deploy an init.d s…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to deploy an init.d script to Devuan 2.0 (ASCII)
Le 11/04/2019 à 11:29, Steffen Dettmer via Dng a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM Steffen Dettmer
> <steffen.dettmer@???> wrote:
>>    /etc/rc2.d/S03ccucvm_startup_script

>>     (pointing to ../init.d/ccucvm_startup_script),

>> [...] my script is not executed.
> I investigated further and I noticed that there are hidden files
> like "/etc/init.d/.depend-start" that seem to be used instead of
> the rc?.d/S?? links. I'm still looking for its documentation, but
> reading the script /etc/init.d/rc fortunately revealed a simple
> workaround:
>
>    touch /etc/init.d/.legacy-bootordering

> I have no clue why the main mechanism is defined in hidden files,
> but I think it makes no sense to file a bug?

    Hi Steffen.

I didn't do this for a while, but, AFAIR, the method is the following:

First write the dependencies in the form of comments at the top of your
script. You can look how it is done in other init scripts as an
inspiration. Then "install" your script using the command update-rc.d;
it should create the symbolic links and take care of everything else
necessary, if there is.

        Didier