:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:07:44PM +0200, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> You really think that the numbers working on the linux kernel are
> somehow comparable to the numbers working on Devuan?

Every person working on the linux kernel is working on Devuan. Every Debian
developer is working on Devuan.

As long as you avoid scope creep, an add-on can be done with only little
work. At the extreme, the best Devuan would be a non-existing Devuan: when
there's no need for it.

With the number of bugs in systemd[1], this implies working sane inits
without regressions. And alas, Debian is far from that. So Devuan, for
now, is needed. And the number of regressions seems to be _increasing_ --
both in systemd itself and in Debian-without-systemd (because of integration
with the former).

[1]. This new machine I'm sitting at won't even boot with systemd.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Did ya know that typing "test -j8" instead of "ctest -j8"