:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 03:53:41PM +0200, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> Well Devuan needs that luck even more. I do not like systemd but it is
> supported by those hated corporations (not only Red Sweat). And they
> will pay for removing all those bugs. For Devuan the question has become
> will Beowulf ever be stable after the departure of the biggest
> contributor and two fighting caretakers.
>
> After all what happened i cannot take Devuan seriously any longer. And I
> absolutely do not want my systems depending on a distro with such a
> uncertain future.

So help fixing systemd related regressions in Debian proper?
That would be good for not only Devuan but all derivatives that are not
systemd only (which in practice means not Ubuntu and Tails).

I haven't done a single upload to Devuan -- I consider this
counterproductive. Providing a regression-fixed stable release is very good
-- but for unstable, anything that's not a mere staging ground is bad: it
lets the systemd crowd tell people "so go to Devuan", making regressions
grow (they have an excuse), thus increasing _your_ workload. And the
manpower isn't that big...

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Did ya know that typing "test -j8" instead of "ctest -j8"