:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Wolfgang Pfeiffer
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 01:51:39AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

>Following common understanding with other caretakers and parallel to
>the work on the conference documentation, I have started this website,
>soon to be linked by Devuan's official domain, served under TLS and
>completed with a list of willing partners as datacenterlight, your
>company and whoever will like: https://devuan.pro

What does devuan.pro have to do with the idea of good software? ...

I'd suggest to not make devuan.pro part of devuan.org:

I simply want decent software.

I leave the idea of liberating the whole world, dancing, singing,
freeing myself from "mental slavery" (I swear the latter is my
personal favorite!) to those having the time to do that. And I wish
them all good luck, and lots of fun. I mean it.

In the meantime - without joining your respectable efforts - I try
to become a better man, stop caring about things I know are useless
to care about, keep my house tidy, and thus - maybe - become a
better person. And in between all that I try using decent software
- that won't be easy: to succeed in it I thought devuan is a good
start. But the idea of getting rid of my mental slavery does not
help me in all these efforts.

Does that make sense to anyone on this list?

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

PS: Great Tacitus quote at the end of devuan.pro: Thanks for
     mentioning it.

--
"When I see a giant crane passing on a flatbed truck, I pause in awe
and reverence, as one would for a church procession. [ ... ] If

Camille Paglia:
"Sexual Personae" p.38