:: [DNG] dbus as a nuisance and cause …
Author: chillfan
To: DNG
Subject: [DNG] dbus as a nuisance and cause of bugs
Aside from the nuisance of constant warnings and attempts by programs to connect to a daemon that isn't available (mainly dbus and pulse) and the thing with machine-id spam..

I've just found that xorg will constantly spam the xorg logs every 10 seconds due to libdbus support if it cannot connect to the daemon.

This is an open issue with debian but I have opened it also as a Devuan bug since I think it's likely to affect some here who don't bother to run dbus.

Needless to say, I am once again frustrated with dbus the garbage and bug generator.

Cheers,

chillfan