:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
Mike Bird - 02.04.19, 00:03:
> On Mon April 1 2019 14:39:28 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > In what way is that not good enough for you? What would be required
> > for you to forgive a mistake and go on with your life?

[…]
> What part of Evilham's statement that "it still looks as if gdo and
> the build system were compromised" [1] did you not believe?
>
> Do you think Evilham was mistaken? Why?
>
> Do you think it possible an attacker - KatolaZ or another - was
> in there and later covered his tracks? Why not?
>
> I am still hoping the silent core team members are working on this
> as I really don't want to spend the next few months changing distros.

Sorry… at this point I just highly recommend to you:

Breathe in deeply, breathe out deeply.

And give the other core members a moment to give you the reassurance you
need. Evilham already did so. Unsigned for now, but still.

And after that recommendation I just do the same as Evilham:

Go to sleep.

Honestly: For me there is a fine line between valid security concerns and
paranoia and for me you just crossed this line.

Give it a rest just for the moment and give the team some time to react
to your concerns. If you need: Hold back updates for a little longer.
That update of tzdata I just installed some time ago did not contain any
security fixes, so there is not really an immediate urgency here.

Martin
--
Martin