:: Re: [devuan-dev] Update on the Gree…
Author: Rick Moen
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Update on the Green Hat Hackers attack
Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):

> This was a planned April fool, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day
> We never lost control of anyting.
> No content was moved, altered, removed, or otherwise compromised.
> No machine was compromised.
> Noone got unauthorised access to any machine or service.

It was well done, IMO. I'm impressed as heck (and nostaligic) that you
created a fully populated Gopher presence.

I was too busy (with visiting houseguests) to go install a Gopher client
and check -- and forgot that lynx still has native support. For those
interested in doing so, here are options:

o Lynx

o KatolaZ's gophed (wow - a gopher client written in sh, ed, awk, cut,
sed, and nc: I doff my hat to you, sir!)
https://mygit.mine.nu/katolaz/gophed

o SeaMonkey with OverbiteFF extension

o Firefox with OverbiteWX extension (which in WebExtensions) or OverbiteNX

o Konqueror with kio-gopher

o gopherclient (graphical),
https://github.com/prologic/gopherclient

o VF-1 (command-line tool in Python), https://github.com/solderpunk/VF-1

o Gopherus (console, in C), http://gopherus.sourceforge.net/

o Little Gopher Client (console, in Pascal),
http://runtimeterror.com/tools/gopher/

o Internet Gopher Client (console, in C),
http://freshmeat.sourceforge.net/projects/gopher/
(This appears to be a maintained descendent of the original
University of Minnesota gopher client, that was just called
'gopher' and is in the Debian collection here:
https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/gopher.)

o Goldy (command-line tools, in C),
https://github.com/TrilbyWhite/goldy-gopher

o cgo (console, in C), https://github.com/kieselsteini/cgo/

o cacc (console, in C), https://git.fifth.space/sacc/

Why you should learn to love gopherspace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpd8ecH8uos

--
Cheers,              "I am a member of a civilization (IAAMOAC).  Step back
Rick Moen            from anger.  Study how awful our ancestors had it, yet