:: Re: [DNG] devuan.org is back
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan.org is back
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 15:27:00 +0200, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20190401132700.psamqzizffz6rfl5@???>:

> As promised, on Apr. 1st 2019 at 1:04:19pm UTC the Devuan world
> started to make sense again. Please check:
>
>    http://www.devuan.org
>    http://git.devuan.org
>    http://bugs.devuan.org
>    http://pkginfo.devuan.org
>    http://files.devuan.org
>    http://popcon.devuan.org

> The gopherholes will remain online for the time being. The "pwned"
> page is still available at http://www.devuan.org/pwned.html.
>
> Again and to clarify once and for all: this was just an April fool. No
> machine was compromised. No content was moved, deleted, or tampered
> with in any way. Noone got access to the Devuan infra. No package or
> mirror was affected.
>
> I apologise if somebody thought the joke stretched a bit too far: I am
> responsible for that. I thought all the clues were clear enough, but
> apparently they were not and some people got too stressed about it. I
> am sincerely sorry about that.
>
> Pranks have always been an essential part of the hacker culture, and
> like it or not, Devuan has been brought to all of us by a bunch of
> passionate hackers working long nights, not by a team of serious white
> collars in suit and scarf doing 9-to-5.
>
> I will definitely make sure I will not make such a mistake again in
> the future.
>
> SorryAgain
>
> KatolaZ
>
> P.S.: Please, do not let the world outside take away from you the
> pleasure of having a good laugh, at any cost. Stopping to laugh is the
> first step to the grave.

..this is a nice, if obvious one:
https://twitter.com/Meteorologene/status/1112640962482843648/photo/1
...or:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMeteorologene%2Fstatus%2F1112640962482843648%2Fphoto%2F1

..a _polite_ version of the political context:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Norwegian_European_Union_membership_referendum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Economic_Area
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEA_and_Norway_Grants

..the purpose of the EEA, the join-EU referendum sequence and the
sabotage of President Boris Jeltsin and Russian democracy, was to
try lure and scare the Norwegian voters into vote to join the EU.

..too many of us remembered how the Russians did 70% of defeating
Adolf Hitler, and how the Russians chased the Soviet Union out of
Russia in 1991, and thereby, _cancelled_ WWIII.
Russians, I _Thank_You_All_!!!

..me, I would have spun an "horse trade with Trump to keep
Stoltenberg in office as NATO boss" sort of story. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: