:: Re: [DNG] How can I install dokuwik…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How can I install dokuwiki? it's not in ascci I think it'sin ceres
On 19/03/19 at 13:48, Basati wrote:
> El martes, 19 de marzo de 2019 13:36:55 (CET) Basati escribió:
>
> The local file have this
>
> root@basatu:/etc/dokuwiki# ls -all local.php
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 250 mar 19 13:11 local.php
>
> The group isn't bad?
>
> Shouldn't it be www-data ?
>
> with write permissions?

  I don't think so, even though I'm not a webmaster.

  Everything under /etc must be considered system default settings, and
userland processes should never be able to write in this directory.
Expecially processes that accept TCP/IP connections.  Everything a PHP
site should need and be concerned in ought to be placed in /var or /srv,
sometimes in /home.

> Configuration Manager section
>
> He says to me: "The settings file can not be updated, if this is
> unintentional, ensure the local settings file name and permissions are
> correct."
>
> does it refer to local.php?

  I don't think so, at least not the one in /etc.  But again, I'm not a
webmaster, I speak from a purely sysadmin point of view.

> Greetings
> Basati

  Good luck!

--