:: Re: [DNG] gpt boot on bios machine
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] gpt boot on bios machine
On Saturday 02 March 2019 at 22:06:51, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> Trying to enable booting from the 4.7T drive, which is GPT partitioned.

> Installing for i386-pc platform.

That seems like a bizarre (and unlikely to work) combination to me.

What sort of machine are you starting from which needs i386 to be installed?

I think the chances of that supporting anything >2Tbytes as a boot device are
small.

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the beer is Belgian, the chefs are Italian, the supermarkets are
British, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the beer is American, the chefs are British, the supermarkets are
German, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is
Belgian, and everything is organised by the Italians.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.