:: [Squatconf] unknownOS and riseup.ne…
Author: Fungi4All
To: holger krekel
CC: squatconf@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [Squatconf] unknownOS and riseup.net
Hello all,
I recently discovered a new linux distribution by the name of unknown OS, I am testing it myself, I am not recommending it. It is debian based and has many anonymity and privacy/security features built in it, among usual pen-testing tools. It is big.
What I found puzzling is that among their block list of domains, there are state agencies of many countries, large corporations, and riseup.net. There isn't much information on their site on the why but I am wondering whether anyone has heard anything negative about them that I am not aware of. I thought riseup was a pretty much a safe heaven for activists worldwide with the security of being among too many unknowns. What could be a reason for them to block it?

Gus