:: Re: [DNG] WAIT_ONLINE_METHOD=none
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] WAIT_ONLINE_METHOD=none
Le 18/02/2019 à 18:33, J. Fahrner via Dng a écrit :
> Am 2019-02-18 18:20, schrieb Didier Kryn:
>>     We all know who made it (-: . But it just does one thing and seems
>> do it well, at least for me - never looked at the source.
>
> I had some boot delay because of dhcpdiscover, so I tried ifplugd as
> it was mentioned in this thread. Boot delay was gone, but network
> availability also ;-)
> Next I read the man page to see if I had to configure something. As I
> saw who made it, I purged the package immediately ;-)

    If you reject the software because you distrust the author, try
netplug intead, or write your own. The function is the same: react to
plugging/unplugging the Ethernet cable. I dunno how these daemons get
notified, but they do, and configure/deconfigure your interface. That's
what they do and what they're supposed to do. I never tried netplug, but
I guess it invokes ifup/ifdown, just like ifplugd. Alternatively, you
can also invoke ifup/ifdown by hand (-:

        Didier