:: Re: [DNG] iptables forced obsolesce…
Author: chillfan
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] iptables forced obsolescence over upgrade
No, I do not need nft if I only intend to use iptables. This is just additional complexity. They think I need it sure, since they want to immediately start the transition to nft.

But I can just see this breaking things for people who like me built their own kernel for specific needs, such as servers where a lot of people will do just for performance or security reasons and will not include any nft support.

Actually, if they insist on transitioning to nft then at least they should warn during upgrade that the 'legacy' (as it's for some reason called) iptables has moved path.

Cheers,

chillfan