:: Re: [DNG] WAIT_ONLINE_METHOD=none
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] WAIT_ONLINE_METHOD=none
hi Aitor!

Anno domini 2019 Wed, 13 Feb 23:12:25 +0100
aitor_czr scripsit:
> Hi,
>
> On 13/2/19 16:59, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> >>     If your ethernet cable can be either plugged or unplugged and you
> >> want your system to react when you plug/unplug a cable in, then you need
> >> a server to detect these changes and invoke ifup/ifdown accordingly.
> >> This server can be ifplugd or netplug.
> >>
> >>     In this situation you simply don't need and don't want neither
> >> 'auto eth0' nor 'allow-hotplug eth0' stanzas in your interfaces file.
> >> These are the stanzas which will make your OS hang at boot time and they
> >> are simply useless. Just remove them.
> >>
> >>         Didier
> > Hi Didier!
> >
> > I followed your suggestion and installed "ifplugd". It would be nice if that was the default configuration for desktops:-)
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Nik
>
> The backend of simple-netaid also can detect plug/unplug events without
> any other server -neither ifplugd nor netplugd-, but there is still work
> to do.
>
> I didn't work on it since september, though i have it in mind, of course.

Is there a place to download "simple-netaid"?

I have tried "ifplugd" the last days, but that did not work especially well: It worked when starting without network and connecting within a hour or so, but it failed when connecting after several hours. No I'm trying "netplug" ...

Nik