:: Re: [DNG] unatternded upgrades by d…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] unatternded upgrades by default in Debian
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 08:08:22AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

[cut]

> I'm using this on two Devuan machines at the office. Works fine for
> me. Apart from running the `apt upgrade` it can also check for the need to
> reboot and provides a number of knobs to fine tune when, how and under
> what conditions to upgrade/reboot.

Hi Olaf,

have you found unattended-upgrades automatically installed on those
two boxen, or have you instead apt-get installed it afterwards?

> Of course, you are free to invent a better wheel ;-)
>
> BTW, on Devuan I did run into an issue because of a missing dependency
> that didn't happen on Debian courtesy of systemd. Can't seem to find
> the bug report I filed way back when at the moment but it was rather
> unceremoniously closed.

If the bug you are referring to is thts one:

https://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78

it was closed because we forked the package and solved the issue (or
at least we thought so). We haven't had any other report of
misfunctioning unattended-upgrades since. I think it looked like a
regular bug, so at that time we must have concluded that no special
"burial ceremony" was in order :D

And please, if you believe at any time that a bug report is still
valid, and should have not been closed, just *reopen* it. There are
humans over here, humans who don't have access to all your machines
and cannot try all of the almost infinite number of combinations in
which a package can find itself :)

HND

KatolaZ