:: Re: [DNG] Help testing new policyki…
Author: Dimitris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help testing new policykit in Beowulf
On 1/31/19 3:53 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> Please test everything that involves higher
> privileges as well, e.g., network setup, mounting/unmounting USB
> stuff, etc,

seen no errors so far.
- can mount/umount USB drives (including luks encrypted) as regular
user without any issues,
- network connection with wicd works just fine: wired, wireless, adding
new connections.
- sound is working (pulseaudio)

been also looking around system logs for anything strange, seen none so
far.
in anycase, if i spot any bugs, will use bugs.d.o to report.

---

also wanted to say that switching to lightdm+elogind (coming from
slim+consolekit) saved me from these 2 longtime "annoying" messages :

1) "The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your
computer." popup window message asking for user password, when starting
certain apps (= gajim, nextcloud-client).

2) "kernel: traps: ck-remove-direc[3546] trap int3 ip:7f12e8a7bbe5
sp:7ffeca04f6d0 error:0 in libglib-2.0.so.0.5800.2[7f12e8a43000+7e000]"
dmesg error in each boot with consolekit.

hopefully this is related to policykit (?) and not offtopic completely :)

i don't know what's the preferred/proposed really (consolekit/elogind),
release notes mention different scenarios for various DEs, so i'll guess
i'll stick to the one working better for now.

thanks,
d.