:: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 12:33:32AM +0100, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On 31/01/19 at 03:38, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:19:44AM +0100, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> >> Might interest someone:
> >>
> >> https://lwn.net/Articles/777595/
> >>
> >> [Front] Posted Jan 28, 2019 20:05 UTC (Mon) by corbet
> >>
> >> His attempt to cast that story for the
> >> pleasure of his audience resulted in a sympathetic and nuanced look at a
> >> turbulent chapter in the history of the Linux system.
> > Hard to believe I listened to the same talk Corbet
> > is describing. What I heard was a propaganda piece,
> > finding reasons to sell the systemd approach
> > to BSD conference attendees.
>
>   Not really.  He points out there were good reasons to want a new init,
> that systemd was a try at innovating something that was old, and that
> this is a different matter compared to *how* that change was implemented.
>
>   Honestly, the anti-systemd front is never going to prevail pushing
> technology dating from the 70's or steering the debate into an ad
> hominem assault against Lennart Poettering.  It's only chance is

[about 100 lines cut off]

Are you willing to help with enabling s6/s6-rc in Devuan? There will
be a talk by its author (Laurent bercot) and a dedicated hacking
session at the Devuan Conference in Amsterdam. More info closer to the
date.

Talking about software has never produced software ;)

HND

KatolaZ