:: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Author: lpb+devuan
To: Martin Steigerwald, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy

On 1/31/19 7:50 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Simon Hobson - 31.01.19, 14:07:
>> Massimo Coppola <massimo.coppola@???> wrote:
> […]
>> It's clear that systemd isn't the right implementation. And it's clear
>> that Poettering isn't the right person to be doing it. But I'd
>> suggest that many of us "systemd - just say no" folks aren't
>> fundamentally opposed to improvements where the improvement is
>> actually better and not a bug ridden furball'
>
> Agreed.
>
> For me right now runit is closest to what I think would be good to have.
>
> Thanks,

And containers are not a new idea, see, e.g., LXC and its kin. So there
are in fact people working on alternate solutions in the same space as
systemd, not with the same monolithic approach. And these alternate
implementations are trying to be best of breed in their own space, while
playing well with others.