:: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Whether systemd is a tragedy or not, I will not say, but whenever I
tried it, I was always greeted with OS crashes. At first, I tried to
use it for a media player but, needless to state, the OS crashed for
no reason. With an SD card as the storage medium this becomes a
nuisance as one has to take out the SD card, insert it in another
machine, and run fsck to repair damage done by not shutting down
properly.

I have already an impredictable mains supply that has the habit of
suspending itself at its own whims. I do not need a pseudo-init that
has been constantly fed features it shouldn't feature as an init
rendering it the most obese of all.