:: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:19:44AM +0100, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> Might interest someone:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/777595/
>
> [Front] Posted Jan 28, 2019 20:05 UTC (Mon) by corbet
>
> His attempt to cast that story for the
> pleasure of his audience resulted in a sympathetic and nuanced look at a
> turbulent chapter in the history of the Linux system.

Hard to believe I listened to the same talk Corbet
is describing. What I heard was a propaganda piece,
finding reasons to sell the systemd approach
to BSD conference attendees.

To Benno Rice, the tragedy is the pathetic opposition
to what he construes as the inevitable forces of
progress and rationality.

--
Joel Roth