:: Re: [devuan-dev] mini.iso install b…
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] mini.iso install boots to grub prompt
On 01/27/2019 01:46 PM, fsmithred wrote:

> There's a grub.cfg in /boot/efi/EFI/devuan that uses the configfile
> option, but it doesn't seem to be working there.
>
> No errors around grub in the installer syslog.
>

> Oh! Line from that grub.cfg:
> configfile $prefix/boot/grub/grub.cfg
>
> On the grub command line:
> grub> echo $prefix
> (hd0,gpt1)/EFI/debian
>
> Solution:
> If I manually boot into the system and run:
>
> grub-install --bootloader-id=debian
>
> Then it works. My devuan bootloader dir is called debian. :(

UPDATE
Got some help in irc.
That grub.cfg in EFI/debian is created by the grub-efi-amd64-signed
package. Removal of that package reverts to the old behavior -
grub-install on devuan makes EFI/devuan without its own grub.cfg and grub
menu comes up normally.

We can block that package or we can figure out how to make a signed
bootloader for devuan.

Here's a related bug report: