:: Re: [unSYSTEM] John McAfee: Real Ta…
Author: Spencer Rhodes
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] John McAfee: Real Talk on Expat US, 2020 Presidency, Cryptocurrency Future
Western democracy may arguably be the least-worst idea that civilization
has come up with in the past 6500 years, (and I make no claim that it is),
but it is still a shit idea.

An authoritative system will never evolve to be anything other than
authoritative. Not authority specifically, but beneath that, the belief
that some humans are meant to lead and others are meant to follow is what I
see as the core problem.

The concept of authority is so entrenched in the collective consciousness
today that if you tear down their governments, people will only clamor to
replace them.

The only way forward as I see it is the development of technologies that
enable personal empowerment and render central control obsolete, or at
least impotent.

Tech alone will fail however without the cultivation of a culture that
promotes values of self-ownership, knowledge, and respect for life, over
material consumption, power over others, and the endless engaging in what I
call "masturbation of the ego".

No small feat to effect such a change.

We are, however, at a period in history where we have perhaps the greatest
leverage ever to do so.