:: Re: [DNG] ..alsa+apulse and torbrow…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..alsa+apulse and torbrowser... rpath is /usr/lib/apulse and is too long???
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:04:02 +0900, Simon wrote in message
<24516662-997c-fa54-ab14-d12437192876@???>:

> IMCO, If a piece of software requires PulseAudio, it deserves to be
> silent.

..agreed, except the Tor Browser users are a little too important to
leave alone in PulseAudio/Systemd hands, for some Tor Browser users,
this is a life or death issue, as some regimes actually do commit
murders on people they like to see dead and buried.

> I run a studio and muck around with "pro" linux audio apps from time
> to time but mostly xwax. That is why I knew Systemd would be no good.
> I want to hear the excuses for wasting CPU cycles and damaging ears
> from you-know-who.

..I'd rather use this thread for practical advice on setting up
alsa + apulse + torbrowser configurations, which will be more
useful to Tor Browser users not trusting PulseAudio or Systemd.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: