:: Re: [DNG] excessive bounces
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] excessive bounces
Quoting Mike Bird (mgb-devuan@???):

> I've got a test message trying to go to Rowland and it's running
> into the same problem at samba.org.

*chuckle*

Don't mind me. I'm just enjoying this timely visit from the Irony Fairy.

I'd be very surprised if Dng has the bounce processing values set at
anything but Mailman defaults. Those are described here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node25.html
Oddly, that page doesn't state default values, so those are:

bounce_processing: yes
bounce_score_threshold: 5.0
bounce_info_stale_after: 7
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings: 3
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval: 7
bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner: yes
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable: yes
bounce_notify_owner_on_removal: yes

Softfails such as those you describe from the samba.org SMTP host cause
(when delivered back to Mailman) Mailman to increment subscriber's
bounce score by 0.5 for each softfail notice from the subscriber's MTA.

You speak of 'the retry parameters of this list': That's decided by MTA
policy (on the mailing list host), not by the MLM software.