:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: What should an …
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: What should an Install Guide accomplish?

[snip quite a lot of quotation whose purpose I'm unclear about]

> Dear Devuan Community,

/me waves.

> I intentionally waited 48+ hours after received this much unexpected
> reply by golinux to reply. I first wanted to hear what the Devuan
> Community had to reply to the question I put to it on what it wants.
>
> My ethos is to ‘help.’ I guess you could call that my ‘agenda?’
> Being slapped in the face by golinux’s catch 22 of “because you’ve
> asked the community its opinion,” “you don’t understand the community”
> doesn’t really lead me to want to ‘help’ the group he/she leads.

Dude, you didn't get even very figuratively slapped in the face.

Anyway, it's great that you want to help. Personally, I'd suggest,
first, install, run, and get to know Devuan. Hang out on the mailing
lists and IRC and answer technical questions when you can. Learn Devuan
Project's institutions and forums, e.g., make some interesting and
useful pages on dev1galaxy. And thus figure out how you can mesh with
and help build this community.

In anticipation of your doing that, which is not a lot like long
lectures on minimalism, giving Devuan volunteers a hard time and
chewing up their time, and wanting to be individually briefed on what
Devuan desires -- let alone padding your Drupal-deployments portfolio,
which the cynic in me strongly suspects this entire noisy campaign is
about -- thanks in advance.

If you won't do that, oh well -- and please see .signature block.

--
Cheers (Drupal sucks ;-> ),                 A post is just a post
Rick Moen                                   My admin will deny.