:: [DNG] Post install disk partitionin…
Author: Michael
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Post install disk partitioning/encryption
Hi All,

We have a "tasksel" for software that we can run after install. Is there
something similar for the disk partitioning/encryption part of install?

I finally figured out how to do an install with 2 disks (SSD and spin), both
encrypted and asking for passphrases at boot. The spin disk promptly died
during testing. Since I’ve already figured out how to use the install
partitioning interface, I’m hoping there’s a way to re-access it after
install like you can tasksel.

Secondary Q:

Is there a reason the install process isn’t setting up or triggering
decrypt_keyctl [1] if the passphrases are the same for all disks? (Or more
appropriately having a selection box to enable.)

Thanks,
Michael

[1]
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/392284/using-a-single-passphrase-to-unlock-multiple-encrypted-disks-at-boot