:: Re: [DNG] Admins can you fix/set th…
Author: Michael
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Admins can you fix/set the header overrides?

On Wednesday 26 December 2018 03:05:43 pm Rick Moen wrote:
> _Why_, and why (specifically) _your_ mail? Actually, it's not just
> you, but rather your sending domain, protonmail.com. Protonmail creates
> a challenge to any mailing list by publishing an aggressive DMARC
> antiforgery policy in its public DNS:

Okay, I'm not disagreeing with either of you on SPF/DMARC/etc.’s inner
workings, as I have to wrangle those beasts myself for my clients' DNS to
work correctly. Literal headache every time.

I am going to say, that the Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) Users mailing
list seems to send from/to ProtonMail without the reply to issue the Devuan
Users list has. The list admin, and owner of the project, is Timothy
Pearson, and his publicly published email is:

"Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf@???>

He's somewhat hard to get a hold of, but I can certainly provide copies of my
message headers to the TDE users list privately to the admin(s) of this list.
The headers are fairly different, not that I know what specifically ‘fixes’
this issue, but I’ll guess it would hopefully give a clue as to what/where
the fix lies.

I was also a member of the LEAF user list for near 20 years, I don’t remember
them ever having the issue either. I can dig up some old headers (‘17) off
that list as well if an admin here thinks it would help.

# # #

Admittedly, just being able to always click reply and it ‘just works’ is a
triviality on any issue scale, but if there’s anything I can do to help get
there, I’m in, as it’s momentous on my annoyance scale.

Best All,
Michael