:: Re: [DNG] try Tor Browser Bundle? […
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] try Tor Browser Bundle? [was:] IceCat
On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 12:50:14 -0600, Michael wrote in message
<201812251250.14637.mb_devuan-mailinglist@???>:

> On Tuesday 25 December 2018 04:40:09 am Edward Bartolo via Dng wrote:
> > So, this is yet another limited browser that many modern web-sites
> > find repulsive to connect to. It is clear the problem is not the
> > browsers themselves, but economical and political.
>
> [snip basic reality]
>
> I know nothing of IceCat, nor am I trying to dismiss it. But... If
> you’re looking for a browser that’s exceptionally good at displaying
> modern web-sites and keeping capitalists ‘out of your business’ try
> the Tor Browser Bundle (TBB),
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html .
>
> If you’re still concerned with ads and privacy, but are sticking with
> one of the ‘big 6,’ try the addon AdBlocker Ultimate (AU),
> https://adblockultimate.net/ .
>
> TBB with AU seems to be one of the better combinations to view
> websites as intended while maintaining your privacy.

..work-around idea: tempuser=$(date |sum |tr -d [:blank:]) && \
adduser $tempuser # ..creates a credible newbie new user \
mkdir -vp $tempuser &&ssh -X $tempuser@127.0.0.1 nice -n 17 \
chromium --proxy-server="socks://127.0.0.1:9050" &&cp -avf \
/home/$tempuser/.config/chromium/Default/{Bookmarks,History} \
$tempuser/ &&deluser $tempuser --backup-to $tempuser/

.."create a credible newbie new user, have him browse the web
exactly once, copy his history and bookmark files, kill him."

Scenarios always come in sets of three: