:: Re: [DNG] Website changes
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Website changes
On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 13:04:54 -0600
golinux@??? wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Some changes are being made to the Devuan website as a result of
> recent discussions on this list and the dev1galaxy forum.

[snip the specifics]

This demonstrates how good documentation in the right place can make
software an order of magnitude more user friendly, without dumbing down
the software. This is excellent.

I have a suggestion for the ISO section mid-page on
https://devuan.org/. I think it would be clearer, for the rushed
reader, if you made <h2> section "ISO Guide" into an <h3>,and moved
that whole section up to the very top of current <h2> section "Get
Devuan". If you don't like having a subservient section header directly
below its parent section header, insert a sentence like "Before listing
the download sources, a word about the different ISO images available
and their uses.". I'm worried that, the way it is now, a rushed reader
might click on a mirror and never see the ISO descriptions.

I wish every software project were as serious about documentation as
Devuan is. This addition is excellent.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2018 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21