:: [DNG] Website changes
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Website changes
Good, provided an installer is obedient to do what is commanded.

What happens when an installer obstinately insists on installing LVM,
(ilLogical Volume Management), as it happened to me several times when
I was still using Debian, and also when I started to use Devuan? I was
left with no choice other than using debootstrap and chroot. In the
event debootstrap fails, I am left with no other choice other than
using a very dirty low level installation by extracting packages
manually. This latter step is still a step in the dark when everything
fails, as there is no list of packages of what debootstrap installs
when it works.

I suggest a package containing all packages that are usually installed
by debootstrap and a script to configure them. I will not suggest the
MS Windows way of suggesting a self extracting executable that
itstalls and configures what debootstrap installs, although that would
be a too-good-to-be-true.