:: Re: [devuan-dev] why is the build s…
Author: Yves-Alexis Perez
To: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult, debian-kernel, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] why is the build so complex ?
On Fri, 2018-12-14 at 14:13 +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> When I look at the build rules, I really wonder why it's all so complex.

Hi,

there is no simple answer to that. /Maybe/ the build system could be
simplified a bit, but in the end the src:linux needs to build a lot of complex
stuff, needs to be generic/modular etc.

If you really want a simple way to rebuild one kernel, maybe you can just look
at make bindeb-pkg target of the upstream kernel Makefile?

I don't really think it makes sense for an end-user to maintain a local fork
of src:linux.

Regards,
- --
Yves-Alexis