:: Re: [DNG] /etc/aliases
Author: Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /etc/aliases
Hi Haines,

El Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:43:29 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@???> escribió:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 02:10:24PM +0100, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:
> > Hi Haines,
> >
> > El Wed, 12 Dec 2018 07:18:35 -0500
> > Haines Brown <haines@???> escribió:
> >
> > > In debian I had the file /etc/aliases with more or less standard
> > > entries, but don't know how it got there [...]
> >
> > It is commony created during the installation by debian-installer
> > (and I see that devuan-installer does the same).
>
> The devuan installer of Jessie (later upgraded to Ascii) did not
> do it in my case.

I should have been more accurate: where I see /etc/aliases is in
ascii installs that include exim4. No idea what the jessie installer does.

And looking at an ascii install made some time ago, just
with ssh server and standard packages installed in the tasksel phase (IIRC),
there is no /etc/aliases nor exim4.

Now I see exim4 in Devuan is not standard priority anymore.

> > Try 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config', maybe it creates it.
>
> No, I've run that command several times.

I see code to do it in /var/lib/dpkg/info/exim4-config.* (perhaps it does
it just in some cases).

--
   Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba       salo@???
  -=- buscando empleo desde 1988 -=-       www.gpoc.es

PGP: 3F87 CCE7 8B35 8C06 E637 2D57 5723 9984 718C A614