:: Re: [DNG] /etc/aliases
Author: Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /etc/aliases
Hi Haines,

El Wed, 12 Dec 2018 07:18:35 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@???> escribió:

> In debian I had the file /etc/aliases with more or less standard
> entries, but don't know how it got there [...]

It is commony created during the installation by debian-installer
(and I see that devuan-installer does the same).

Appart from some default aliases, it places one from root to
the 'normal user' created during installation, so she receives
all mail addressed (and aliased) to root.

> (I didn't run sendmail or
> procmail, but did run exim4). I now see that the file is missing in
> devuan ASCII (where I also run exim4).

AFAIK, if you have exim installed you should have that file.
I can see it in installlations of devuan-ascii made using the
netboot iso.
Try 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config', maybe it creates it.

> Is this file a good thing to have or does devuan provide its
> functionality elsewhere?

It redirects all system emails to root, and all root emails to
the user created during installation.

--
   Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba       salo@???
  -=- buscando empleo desde 1988 -=-       www.gpoc.es

PGP: 3F87 CCE7 8B35 8C06 E637 2D57 5723 9984 718C A614