:: Re: [DNG] Responsible Use of Acrony…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Responsible Use of Acronyms: was Request for comments - training room
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> See, that's exactly my point. Some of us code in uncontrolled
> environments, and do it quite well. Some of us code as one-man-bands,
> and there's nobody to write a Change Control Request (CCR). Some of us
> don't code at all.

[...]
> In other words, there's absolutely no reason to believe that use of
> the acronym "CCR" would be understood by everyone or a vast majority of
> people on DNG

FWIW, I absolutely concur -- why I wouldn't say 'CCR' on a mailing list
without explanation, unless it happened to be a mailing list among
Operations people for whom that was an everyday term of art. Otherwise,
the considerate thing to do is to (as you say) provide the expansion at
the time of first use, either parenthetically or in a footnote.