:: Re: [DNG] Request for comments - tr…
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Request for comments - training room
Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@???> wrote:

> I've found that AD is VERY sensitive to time differences, even in a pure windows environment. How Windows admins tolerate it I have yet to figure out.

AIUI the DEFAULT in a Windoze network is that all the Domain Controllers are also time servers (not NTP, MS's own creation) and the master DC takes on the role of root time server. Domain joined PCs will sync their time from the DCs. That way, the whole domain *should* normally stay in sync - ie it will be internally consistent but not necessarily correct wrt real wallclock time. For the times to stay correct, the master DC needs to be configured to use an external time reference.