:: [devuan-dev] live-build & sdk statu…
Author: Papa Tango
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] live-build & sdk status?
What is the status of live-build and Simple-Distro-Kit (SDK)? I cannot get
either to work on Devuan ascii.

Reading prior messages it is difficult to tell if live-build has been
entirely deprecated or not. If not, it could use some work. Perhaps I could
work on it, although I don't know much about live-build, but I could learn.
So far I have noticed that config/bootstrap uses packages.devuan.net but --
I think -- those should be deb.devuan.org. Or at least I make further
progress with the latter and get fewer errors.
But I still get other errors, including:
Package live-config-systemd is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package 'live-config-systemd' has no installation candidate
ln: failed to create symbolic link 'chroot/usr/sbin/flash-kernel': File
exists

And thus I cannot generate an image.

Meanwhile, when I follow the instructions for using SDK I get nowhere and
it's very hard to diagnose as I'm completely unfamiliar with ZSH.
For the record, the only output I ever get, regardless of the arguments I
use, is:
[D] Zuper 0.4 initialized
[D] 22 global variables registered
[D] 11 global arrays registered
[D] 10 global maps registered
(*) live-sdk loaded
release is:
[D] endgame EXIT
[D] destructor: _ztmp_destructor
[D] _ztmp_destructor

But that's it. I cannot make progress beyond that.

Any help with SDK or live-build would be much appreciated. Or if they
definitely are a work in progress, just let me know either way.

Thank you.