:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:24:01 +0100
Stephan Seitz <stse+devuan@???> wrote:

> On Do, Nov 29, 2018 at 01:22:05 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> >My understanding is that Devuan will ask in the fresh installer
> >whether the user wants to merge or not, with the default being no
> >merge. This is fine with me. Do you have a problem with it?
>
> Nope, but even Devuan will probably never support a separate /usr
> without mounting it in early boot via initrd.

If you define "support" as "not prevent", then Devuan already does
support what you say in the preceding sentence. If you define "support"
as "install with the package manager", I don't care about support, and
a heck of a lot of DIY people have the same view I'm expressing.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr