:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):

> Great. This is your opinion. We got it.

Apologies if I annoyed. I restated that view only becaused Didier said
'IIUC, your argument boils down to "depending on /usr for early boot is
a *bug*", while Roger told us why it has become a *feature* (~:', and
that really wasn't my argument (leaving aside my not having addressed
'early boot', whatever Didier meant by that).

> This is not what is happening in Debian...

On present evidence, not much. The only Debian build errors (/sbin or
/bin contents needed for maintenance that break in /usr's absence)
I've so far seen mentioned that matter to me are /bin/ps and /bin/kill.
Those are rather sadly hapless errors, but certainly easy to fix.

> and there is little we can do to avoid that...

Um..., didn't I just describe what I'm likely to do to avoid that?
I could swear I did.