:: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessnes…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessness
Dear Steve.

Steve Litt - 25.11.18, 19:18:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:27:20 +0100
> Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:
> > Hello Spiral of Hope.
> >
> > Thank you for your point of view.
> >
> > spiralofhope - 24.11.18, 18:24:
> > > Now

> > > The binary is real.
> >
> > For me it is not. It is just part of the illusion.
>
> Genocide is wrong, full stop.
>
> I know you know this, but say it just in case there's any moral
> equivocator who really believes there's no right or wrong in any
> context: That's very dangerous.

Just this for clarification:

I named the thread "Mutuality and harmlessness".

I also wrote:

> Years ago I read a brilliant book titled (translated from german): "If
> it hurts, it is no love". This is how I see love still: True love
> never ever hurts. If it hurts, it is no love.?

I remember I wrote something along the lines of as well: If I hurt
apparent others, I hurt myself. However I did not find it as I looked a
moment ago.

So I really see nothing in what I wrote which would support engaging in
killing other people, engaging in genocide.

As far as I see the belief in right or wrong, in good or bad – "You are
a threat, cause you are bad" – and the wanting to control an apparent
other's experience that I often saw coming along with it, is what
motivated killing, what motivated genocides. Of course I can believe
anything I like… however if I want to change the belief of any apparent
other to align with my beliefs, that is where the trouble starts. Human
beings used religions with a strict set of beliefs what is right and
what is wrong, what is good and what is bad, what is divine and what is
evil to bring a lot of suffering among them. Just as an example.

If any belief in right or wrong, good or bad, divine or evil every
stopped human beings from harming each other… the prisons of this world
would be empty. There are not.

If I drop any beliefs in good or bad, right or wrong, divine or evil…
why would I even want to harm anyone else?

Does that mean I need to let people get away with any violence, with any
abuse they come up with? No. Does that mean I should refrain from
standing up for civility, mutuality and harmlessness? No.

But when I stop standing up for this from the place of right or wrong,
good or bad, divine or evil, when I start standing up for this from a
place of love and freedom I stand up for this from a very different
place. If anything in this world is loved into existence by the one
self, which many call God, everything is sacred.

I skip responding to the other posts and instead let all the different
colors expressed there just be.

Thank you,
--
Martin