:: Re: [devuan-dev] devuan's 1st confe…
Author: Ivan J.
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] devuan's 1st conference
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 05:37:40PM +0100, Evilham wrote:

> Am 26/11/2018 um 9:52 schrieb Jaromil:
> > For the event registration, I doubt we have the need for a big system
> > like pentabarf nor the capacity to host one and link all payment
> > systems to it. Therefore I propose we use eventzilla which will help
> > organise registrations and payments. OTOH if anyone here has a
> > business that already processes event registrations and wants to
> > sponsor the conference by making it available, please say.
>
> Pentabarf appears to have kinda disappeared, code is still there, but
> website is gone and documentation basically just links to it, so
> deploying is not entirely trivial.
>
> There's also osem.io, which uses Stripe for payment exclusively.
>
> From what I see, eventzilla would charge either 2%+0.99€ or 1.5€ per ticket.
> For comparison, Stripe charges 2.9% + 0.25€ for non EU cards and
> 1.4%+0.25€ for EU cards.
> It looks like both economically and effort-wise, even if not
> privacy-wise, eventzilla makes sense if we assume a non-trivial amount
> of non-EU visitors.
>
> I could probably quickly deploy osem, given that:
> * Dyne has a Stripe account / gets one and gives me API keys
> * We agree to delete all data 3 months after the event, keeping only
> general statistics.
> * Someone sets up proper A/AAAA entries on a devuan-related domain (or I
> could just get and donate a new domain for that).
>
> But only if it were to actually make sense :-).

Thanks for the input.

Jaromil and I decided that we should hold our horses on the ticket sales
for now. It'd be best to ask for sponsorship and help in the announcement
first, and then start selling tickets if/when needed in January/February.

This gives us a big enough timeframe to decide where and how to sell the
tickets.

--
~ parazyd
GnuPG: 03337671FDE75BB6A85EC91FB876CB44FA1B0274