:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
On 23/11/18 at 18:26, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2018-11-23 09:03, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>> On 23/11/18 at 14:32, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Again, are you doing the work for your setup you care so much?
>>

>>   Yes, I am.  It's me who designs the filesystem layout when I chose
>> "Manual" in the install program menu.
>>
>>   It's me who reconfigures the kernel to fit my specific use-cases.
>>
>>   It's me who removes and installs software after checking the default
>> packages that were installed, it's me who hacks App-armor recipies, PAM
>> settings, iptables chains, security/limits settings, login.defs
>> settings, udev rules, system services, server configs and so on.  I do
>> not expect the distribution maintainers to do this for me.  I just want
>> to keep being free to do it.
>>

> ME, ME, ME . . . that says it all.  Arrogant and selfish too.

   Yes, it's me who does the work on my systems.  Do you have a maid
that does that for you?

  I'm not calling you names because I'm not such a low man like you.

> Feel free to do so . . .

  Did it several times before, this time too won't kill me.

>>> The choice will probably stay as long as the work to keep it won’t be
>>> too much work for the volunteers.
>>
>>   And the day the choice will be gone I will surely jump ship.
>>

> If only . . .  You just don't get that providing choice is the
> responsibility of EACH AND EVERYONE OF US.  If WE don't make it
> happen, it won't.

  Seriously, am I asked to prevent people from taking away choices that
have been around for 40 years?

  No way, since there is choice, I just chose the systems that fit my
needs and desires.  Full stop.

> So please stop flapping your gums, roll up your sleeves and and DO
> something to make the OS of your dreams a reality not just for you
> only but for Devuan.

  Stop sabotaging things that work!  What can I do to prevent people (in
Debian, not in Devuan, so far) from doing so?

> On 2018-11-23 08:52, KatolaZ wrote:
>>
>> The fact that somebody is not a Devuan maintainer or developer does
>> not empower you to be rude or aggressive with him/her. Apparently you
>> are not a Devuan developer or maintainer either, so what? Shall we
>> stop reading your emails for this reason, or is the fact that your
>> emails are totally irrelevant to this thread (and your tone
>> inapprropriate for a civilised place) just enough?
>>
>> A basic rule of civilised conversations is that you should treat other
>> people twice better than you would like them to treat you, especially
>> if you don't know them personally. You have been treating a lot of
>> people here very badly and irrespectfully. This behaviour is not
>> tolerated. Either you stop immediately, or your emails will be
>> moderated.
>>
>> HND
>>
>> KatolaZ
>>

> I have access to the big red button and am getting a bit trigger happy
> . . .

  I am totally unimpressed.

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>