:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
On 2018-11-23 09:03, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On 23/11/18 at 14:32, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>>
>> Again, are you doing the work for your setup you care so much?
>

>   Yes, I am.  It's me who designs the filesystem layout when I chose
> "Manual" in the install program menu.
>
>   It's me who reconfigures the kernel to fit my specific use-cases.
>
>   It's me who removes and installs software after checking the default
> packages that were installed, it's me who hacks App-armor recipies, PAM
> settings, iptables chains, security/limits settings, login.defs
> settings, udev rules, system services, server configs and so on.  I do
> not expect the distribution maintainers to do this for me.  I just want
> to keep being free to do it.

ME, ME, ME . . . that says it all. Arrogant and selfish too.

>>>   So, regardless from what's best to the datacenter, can I be allowed
>>> follow the 40 years long path and keep having a /usr split from /?
>>>   Yes && I stay || I leave.

Feel free to do so . . .

>> The choice will probably stay as long as the work to keep it won’t be
>> too much work for the volunteers.
>
>   And the day the choice will be gone I will surely jump ship.

If only . . . You just don't get that providing choice is the
responsibility of EACH AND EVERYONE OF US. If WE don't make it happen,
it won't. So please stop flapping your gums, roll up your sleeves and
and DO something to make the OS of your dreams a reality not just for
you only but for Devuan.

On 2018-11-23 08:52, KatolaZ wrote:

> The fact that somebody is not a Devuan maintainer or developer does
> not empower you to be rude or aggressive with him/her. Apparently you
> are not a Devuan developer or maintainer either, so what? Shall we
> stop reading your emails for this reason, or is the fact that your
> emails are totally irrelevant to this thread (and your tone
> inapprropriate for a civilised place) just enough?
>
> A basic rule of civilised conversations is that you should treat other
> people twice better than you would like them to treat you, especially
> if you don't know them personally. You have been treating a lot of
> people here very badly and irrespectfully. This behaviour is not
> tolerated. Either you stop immediately, or your emails will be
> moderated.
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

I have access to the big red button and am getting a bit trigger happy .
. .

golinux